“Startup Pirates is a nonprofit global organisation building a better world through the empowerment of entrepreneurs in the making.
2012 has been an exciting first year for us, seeing our work in action, especially the success of our programs and the companies and new jobs we helped to create. We are working with teams in 10 different countries, in 3 continents, Europe, Africa and South America, and we are supporting hundreds of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in the making.
We are delighted to bring together entrepreneurs, changemakers and young wannabe entrepreneurs to inspire, influence, learn from each other and work together to develop business ideas and to launch new start-ups. I honestly believe that young people have an important role to play in our social and economic renewal, and I’m very privileged to be part of this change for good.”
Inês Silva, Co-founder Startup Pirates
What we are doing
Startup Pirates is a one-week educational accelerator for entrepreneurs in the making. Through a combination of training, mentoring and idea development, we help participants structure and develop their ideas. In the end, we give them the opportunity to pitch their ideas to investors and successful business leaders.
We are committed to:
- Empower entrepreneurs in the making with the tools and knowledge needed to create companies or develop other projects inside our outside corporations;
- Organise Startup Pirates programs around the globe;
- Empower local entrepreneurial ecosystems;
- Foster youth entrepreneurship networks, clubs & initiatives.
To successfully launch a company is one of the most difficult things one can do. It’s demanding, stressful, difficult and most of the times you’ll feel distressed. Only someone with a Pirate Spirit can succeed. Only someone willing to fight, hustle, and work really really hard will be able to succeed. You won’t ever hear from us that this is an easy thing to do. But we promise one thing: this will be the best experience of your life, one you won’t forget and you will have lots of fun and will learn a lot along the way.
Why it’s valuable for our Pirates
Over the course of the 8 day educational accelerator, you will have the chance to…
- attend about 8 high quality workshops on topics like business model, product development, pitch, etc;
- be mentored by more than 20 entrepreneurs and innovators who will join us during the program;
- be connected to and form relationships with more than 20 extraordinary entrepreneurs;
- access our network of perk partners;
- work and “live” with about 29 other amazing Pirates coming from different parts of the globe;
- be connected with investors, business angels, business leaders and VC’s;
- access valuable prizes to get your startup running.
Who is behind this
Startup Pirates was created by 5 friends, Inês Silva, Rafael Pires, Daniela Monteiro, João Oliveira and Ariana Brás, that shared a common dream:
“Change the world one entrepreneur at the time”.